When it comes to the loyalty of a pet, Amazon parrots are amongst one of them. The beautiful creature with exceptionally astounding vocal skills, they happen to be very playful and loving when kept as a pal parrot. Many out there wish to keep a parrot as a pet and take care of them as their own child but still several times we end up ignoring some of the most important factors.
Amazon parrots are highly devoted to their owner and if you take care of them well they will be hymning about you the whole life. One of the most important things after getting your perfect parrot is to give it the comfort and home to live in, which for them is their beautiful cage.
Moreover, the factor of consideration is the right best parakeet cage for your bird and along with it the placement of it matters too. You don’t want to put the highly lively and interactive parrot in a spot where it gets bored to death. It is utterly very important to keep them entertained so they live healthy and longer.
Most experts recommend getting a large birdcage, the bigger the better. Amazon birds that live in the wild are nesters and they chew on wood thus to keep them active it’s better to get sufficient extra space for them in that best parakeet cage to fill in with toys. Owning a parrot is a unique and amusing experience but the most important item as mentioned above is to get a birdcage before you bring them home.
Deem In The Deep Truth Of Birdcage
“She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person who keeps a parrot.” –Mark Twain
If you happen to be also that person who keeps a parrot and are unrefined it’s still healthy to be refined enough for taking care of it and by getting the right birdcage is the first step of the journey. Following are a few factors to keep in mind when considering spending on a cage for Amazon parrot.
the quality of the cage matters a lot; you don’t want your bird to choke on the chirped pieces of its own house, yes the cage!
buying a costly bird and then being the miser to take care of it is like burning all those previous spendings, its best to shield guard that money by buying a quality cage for your bird.
it’s important to take care of your bird’s safety and ensure that it is comfortable to live in the cage you’ve bought for it. Safety factors to consider are bar spacing, material that it is made of, also the locking mechanism, as you don’t want your precious bird to fly away on its own.
you sure don’t want to suffocate that poor creature, it already being in cage feels trapped but its best to provide it with a home-like environment where they are free to wander in and play around.
Before you bring your little Amazon home, its best to keep the setup ready for it. You need to have a proper cage that is ready to go. At times people do not realize how big shall the cage be for this parrot thus following are some of the best options that one may consider when looking for their parrot’s home.
Read More: Magnificent Prevue Bird Cages
1. Large Play Top Bird Cage Of Wrought Iron:
The play top is big enough with double ladders and two perches for it to enjoy an outside time. Not just is it a good buy but also it is one of the elegant looking options.
Features Of Large Play Top Bird Cage Of Wrought Iron:
- Wrought iron construction
- Animal safe cage
- Non-toxic material is used
- Fine and elegant looking cage
- Cage dimensions 22” x 22” x 30”
- Overall dimensions including stand, seed guards and play top (30” L x 30” W x 65” H)
- Two stainless steel cups
- Slide out easy to clean metal tray
- Open top pay area with 2 wooden perches
- Bottom selves with extra storage
- Four swivel casters for durability and mobility
- Large front swing-out door with metal safety locks
- Comprises of Seed guards
- Bar spacing 5/8”
Amazons demand f big size cage, and this particular one has the dimensions of 20x20x65 inches with the closed rooftop. It is an ideal cage for big birds and the ones who ask more entertainment space. The interior height is 35” and the bar spacing is of 5/8”. It is suitable for Amazon birds as well as cocktail, African grey, Conjure, Cacique, etc.
Features of Big Birdcage For Amazon Parrot
- Safe for Amazon bird as has the non toxic powder coating
- Large swing out front door
- Stainless steel feeding cups
- Three wooden perches
- Removable easy to clean bottom tray
- Bottom shelf with 4 swivel casters
- Tall interior design with interior height 35”
- Dimensions 20”x20”x65”
3. A&E Cage Company 52″ Diameter Octagon Parrot Cage:
It is a beautiful looking octagonal parrot cage that has enough room for your Amazon bird to wander around. It has a non-toxic finish coating that is safe for the parrot. It happens to be heavy enough to handle the bird’s acrobats.
You may keep some toys in your Amazon bird’s cage to keep it entertained. No one wants their beautiful parrot to escape thus there is a great locking mechanism installed. It is overall a great buy at a decent cost.
Features of A&E Cage Company 52″ Diameter Octagon Parrot Cage:
- Completely Bird proof front door & feeder door locks
- Unique looking shape
- Large front door for easy access
- Non toxic and safe powder coating
- Fine finished and durable
- 4 swing out feeder doors
- 1 additional breeder door
- 6 rolling coasters for easy usage
- 4 stainless steel feeder cups and a perch
- Safety latch on the front door
- Horizontal and vertical bars
- Exterior dimensions 52” x 52” x 74”
- One inch bar spacing
4. Giantex Bird Cage Large Play Top Parrot Finch Cage:
This is one of the best options available when looking for a birdcage for your amazon parrot. It is a large iron cage with the non-toxic finishing of powder coating.
It is bird friendly and safe enough as it has an amazing locking mechanism. It is spacious enough to make your pet more free and happy. It has a snapping lock front door. It is no hassle to clean it, as the bottom metal tray is removable and easy to clean.
Features Of Giantex Bird Cage Large Play Top Parrot Finch Cage:
- Non-toxic coated finishing
- Upper and lower trays are easily removable sliding trays
- Lower removable sliding grate for easy cleanup
- A strong and steady metal frame structure
- Large steel front door with a snapping lock mechanism
- Heavy duty construction
- Elegant looking cage
- 3 feeder doors with the locking mechanism
- Three large stainless steel feeding bowls
- 4 strong swivel casters and 2 for mobility and stability
- Bar spacing ¾”
- Dimensions 24” x 22” x 37”
- 1 interior long wooden perch for resting
- Iron made construction
5. Prevue Hendryx Corner Parrot Signature Series Wrought Iron Bird Cage:
From amongst many satisfying prevue pet products it is one of the finest looking large parakeet cages that are large enough for Amazon parrot.
It may be placed perfectly in a corner and doesn’t take much of the room. It is an elegant looking large cage with a single front door and easy rolling base on casters.
Features Of Prevue Hendryx Corner Parrot Signature Series Wrought Iron Bird Cage:
- Large enough for Amazon parrot
- Ideal for corner placement
- Has the single front door
- Bar spacing of 7/8 inches
- Dimensions 37” x 63” x 27”
- 4 stainless steel cups
- 2 wooden perches
- Cage-top play stand which provides additional space for the bird to play around
- Space saving design
- Additional storage space on the bottom shelf
- Non-toxic coating
- Easy to clean trays
In order to thrive in captivity this intelligent bird, Amazon parrots require specific care. Often times the owner of this beautiful bird underestimate the intelligence of their bird and end up making mistakes while trying to get one. It is important to consider their needs and meet them adequately. Amazon parrots being socially needy they are suited best to be with people who can dedicate good hours of their day to them.
Must Read: The Truth About Parrots As Pets
If the Amazon parrots are neglected they tend to go into depression and feel lonely, which usually ends up with them sitting in the corner plucking their feathers. Such a misery it is when not taken care of your parrot properly. Thus before buying an Amazon Parrot its best to make a caring promise first.